Reuse! Hemp Mustard Vinaigrette
Finally finished that bottle of Hempzel's Hemp Mustard? Don't throw it away, turn it into a brand new delicious Hemp Oil based Vinaigrette dressing.
- 1 Almost Empty Hempzel's Hemp Seed Mustard
- 1 Cup Hemp Seed Oil
- 1/3 Cup Vinegar Experiment with other varieties!
- Gather your ingredients. I have used balsamic vinegar for the pictures as it's my favorite, but don't feel pigeon holed to that.
- Measure out 1/3 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of hemp seed oil to add to the bottle. Note this is almost exactly the bottle size, make sure it is almost completely empty.
- Give it a good shake and you are good to go! Make sure to keep refrigerated. See the notes below for tons of variation options.
This recipe makes a base vinaigrette using the traditional ratio, which can be turned into the beginning of many other dressings.
- Use different vinegars - I used Balsamic because it is my absolute favorite, however you could use many others. Apple cider works really well with the mustard. Rice, red or white wine, or champagne are other great options here as well to change the base profile.
- Add aromatics - Garlic, ginger, or shallots would all add a fantastic dimension to a new dressing flavor profile
- Add citrus - Lemon, Lime, even orange or grapefruit would also morph this vinaigrette base into a lighter dressing perfect for spring salad recipes.
- Herbs - Basil, parsley, dill, oh my. Anything is in play here, start experimenting with your favorite combinations